January 27, 1785, by the Georgia General Assembly. UGA is the birthplace of public higher education in America.
Athens, Georgia (Clarke County), about 70 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta.
Main campus: 465 buildings on 762 acres
Total acreage in 31 Georgia counties: 39,743 acres
Faculty (instruction/research/public service) 3,119 Administrative/other professional 3,213 Technical/clerical/crafts/maintenance 4,524 Total 10,856
We are proud to be ranked #13 Best Employer in Georgia by Forbes Magazine.
(As of October 2018)
上海快三走势图开奖$1.69 billion, fy19
(As of January 2019)
- $477.5 million in R&D expenditures (FY19)
- Top 5 university in the U.S. for new products to market
- $531M from UGA startups and programs
- Licensing Revenue: $10.6 million
- More than 775 products to date have been derived from university research.
(As of Spring 2020)
find out more about uga research on the website.
Economic Impact and Service
$6.5b impact on the state of georgia
every georgian is within 40 miles of a uga resource
(As of Spring 2020)
find out more about uga’s economic impact on the website.
Schools and Colleges
the university of georgia is a comprehensive land and sea grant institution composed of 17 schools and colleges. they are, in order of founding:
- Franklin College of Arts and Sciences, 1801
- College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, 1859
- School of Law, 1859
- College of Pharmacy, 1903
- Daniel B. Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources, 1906
- Mary Frances Early College of Education, 1908
- Graduate School, 1910
- C. Herman and Mary Virginia Terry College of Business, 1912
- Henry W. Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication, 1915
- College of Family and Consumer Sciences, 1918
- College of Veterinary Medicine, 1946
- School of Social Work, 1964
- College of Environment and Design, 1969
- School of Public and International Affairs, 2001
- College of Public Health, 2005
- Eugene P. Odum School of Ecology, 2007
- College of Engineering, 2012
the university is also home to the augusta university/university of georgia medical partnership.
上海快三走势图开奖ranked among the nation’s best research libraries. total of 5.27 million volumes and one of nation’s largest map collections.
Enrollment Fall 2019
Undergraduate 29,848 Graduate/Professional 9,072 Total 38,920
(this total includes students enrolled at uga extended campuses in gwinnett county, tifton, griffin and buckhead.)
96% retention rate for incoming students who return for their sophomore year
(As of Fall 2019)
More than 700 registered student organizations
Student Scholastic Achievement
2019 First-Year Students 5,500+ Avg. SAT score 1359 Avg. GPA 4.0+ Avg. ACT score 31
上海快三走势图开奖to find out more about the class of 2023, visit .
Honors Program 2,500, including 671 first years Honors First-Year Student average SAT score 1510 (critical reading and math sections only) average ACT score 33.7 (English and math sections only) GPA 4.11
95% of graduates are employed or attending graduate school within 6 months of graduation.
uga is also home to hundreds of major scholarship winners, including:
- 24 Rhodes Scholars,
- 1 Churchill Scholar,
- 2 Beinecke Scholars,
- 7 Gates Cambridge Scholars,
- 7 Marshall Scholars,
- 60 Goldwater Scholars,
- 21 Truman Scholars,
- 18 Udall Scholars,
- 56 Boren Scholars,
- 143 Fulbright Student Scholars,
- 5 Schwarzman Scholars, and
- 3 Mitchell Scholars.
Honors and Awards
- Top 10 Honors Program in the U.S.
- National Academy of Sciences members: 2 faculty
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: 55 faculty
- National Academy of Engineering members: 2 faculty
- National Academy of Public Administration members: 3 faculty
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences members: 2 faculty
for a list of current and formers members of academic societies, visit the .
- 24 Baccalaureate degrees in more than 142 fields
- 32 Master’s degrees in 135 fields
- Specialist in Education degree in 8 major fields
- 4 Doctoral degrees in 87 areas
- Professional degrees in law, pharmacy and veterinary medicine
- More than 130 Study Abroad & exchange programs
- NCAA Division I, Southeastern Conference
- 9 men’s varsity sports
- 12 women’s varsity sports
- 45 national championships, including 33 since 1999
- #16 U.S. News & World Report, Best Colleges
- #16 Kiplinger Magazine, 100 Best Values in Public Colleges
- #10 The New York Times, College Access Index
Total Living Alumni
(As of May 2019)
The University of Georgia…
- …is home of the 115,000-square-foot Richard B. Russell Building Special Collections Libraries, housing the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library; the Russell Library for Political Research and Studies; the Walter J. Brown Media Archives, and the Peabody Collection.
- …is home of the Peabody Awards, presented annually for excellence in television and radio news, entertainment and children’s programming.
- …is home of Georgia’s State Botanical Garden, State Museum of Art, and State Museum of Natural History.
- …is home of the Georgia Writers Hall of Fame.
- …has one of the largest and most comprehensive public service and outreach programs conducted by an American educational institution.
- …is one of the largest public universities to require all undergraduates to participate in hands-on learning experiences.
上海快三走势图开奖jere w. morehead, president
s. jack hu, senior vice president for academic affairs and provost
timothy m. chester, vice president for information technology
上海快三走势图开奖toby r. carr, vice president for government relations
jennifer l. frum, vice president for public service and outreach
karri hobson-pape, vice president for marketing & communications
上海快三走势图开奖david c. lee, vice president for research
kelly k. kerner, vice president for development and alumni relations
ryan a. nesbit, vice president for finance and administration
rahul shrivastav, vice president for instruction
victor k. wilson, vice president for student affairs
the university of georgia is committed to principles of .